vendredi 25 janvier 2013

The most amazing (and expensive) brow shaping of my life

 

I have a colleague at my day job who came back from the perils of Sandy with the most amazing brows I had ever seen.  I saw her at the holiday party, after two months of working from home.  I was amazed.  This colleague of mine is ALWAYS impeccably put together.  She is always in the most fantastic high heels, with the most up to date polish, and beautiful make-up and hair.

I've known S for about two years now.  She is not only amazingly put together and beautiful, but incredibly smart to boot.  So, since she has always been fantastic with me I asked her about her brows.  I had to.  It was necessary that I go where she goes for her brows. 

Well, I was told Sania's Brow Bar.  Before I go any further, this is not a $5 brow wax at your corner nail salon.  Nor is it a $10 threading at your corner threading salon.  This is a $65, five minute speedy plucking of your brows. 

Sania Vucetaj is the owner of Sania's Brow Bar.  She is all over the fashion news like Lindsay Lohan's newest screw up.  And I, for whatever reason, skipped over this amazing woman.  It was probably because I thought to myself "I could never afford her services, even if she is in NYC, moving on to the next page of styles." 

I am by no means telling you a $65 eye brow plucking is a good deal.  Nor am I suggesting it is  responsible (depending on your income) to run to the Flatiron District and search for Sania's Brow Bar. 

BUT, I am telling you that should you decide to go on an adventure to 20th Street between 5th and 6th, you will find her on the South side of 20th Street, hidden in a tiny door where you must ring the bell, on the 2nd floor.  I walked by it twice.  I'm also not the most direction savvy.

You really will not regret the $65 you spent.  You could easily booze it away, or eat it away, or buy more make up, but I promise you this is a great investment.  I also went so far as to buy the eye brow pencil (photo below) and I love it.  It really is true that your eyebrows make a huge difference.  And on a lazy Saturday nothing is better than some mascara and my new eye brow pencil. 



Check out her story on her site, you will be amazed to learn that this mega brow star began her brow obsession because of her own brow imperfection, a scar.

And, if you cant make it to NYC for a professional brow shaping, I did find one (of many) articles explaining Sania's How To of brow shaping.  Thank you Cosmo for posting.

Definitely check her out, even if you do it once.  I promise you'll be hooked.  I am anxiously awaiting the passing of the next three weeks to prove to Sania that I didnt use cream near or around my brows, so I wasnt clogging the follicles, to let them grow back in.  I hope I make her proud!


Je sais que vous allez rigoler de moi, mais je vais vous parler de la meilleur expérience pour vos sourcils sur terre. Sania's Brow Bar.

En revenant de la catastrophe de Sandy, j'ai vu une collègue S au fête de Noël. Ses sourcils avaient changer, et elles était magnifique. Vraiment...magnifique. Elle est toujours quelqu'un qui est parfaitement maquiller, coiffe, et habiller. J'ai jamais vu S dans un état pas parfait. Jamais.

Vue qu'elle est super avec moi, et qu'on a une bonne relation au travail, j'ai demande a S ce qu'elle a fait avec ses sourcils. Elle m'a dit Sania's Brow Bar.

Je dois dire que je lis tous les magazines, et je ne sais pas comment mais j'ai jamais entendu parler de Sania avant avoir parle avec S. Quand j'ai fait un peu de recherche elle est partout!!!!! Elle a même donne des directions a Cosmo pour faire vos sourcils. Il faut aller voir si vous pouvez pas venir voir Sania.


Et je sais, vous êtes vraiment en train de se sentir triste pour A. Comment ça sera possible qu'il se marie avec une femme qui fait des sourcils a $65. Mais allez la voir. Même si A se moque de moi au moins une fois par semaine par rapport a mes sourcils, je vous jure qu'il les aime bien.

Je ne suis pas en train de vous dire que $65 dans les sourcils est un façon responsable de dépenser votre argent. Mais bon, vous allez le dépenser dans un façon ou un autre... du vin... des bières... des restos. Faites une resto de moins quand vous venez a NYC, faites vos sourcils, et vous sentirez comme un nouveau personne. C'est sur!

Vous pouvez trouvez Sania's Brow Bar sur le cote Sud de 20eme Street, entre 5eme et 6eme. Prenez le N/Q a 23 et vous pouvez marcher jusqu'au 20eme et 5eme.

Dites moi ce que vous en pensez!!! Comme ça on pourrait convaincre Jadinou de le faire quand elle vient me rendre visite!

Until Next Time/A bientot
Poulpy

0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review