mercredi 12 juin 2013

Roti - Mediterranean Delicousness (and fast!!!)

Yesterday I had the huge pleasure of FINALLY trying Roti while at work.
I rarely eat out, preferring to hunker down, eat at my desk and get out of work at what I always hope will be a resonable hour.  That doesnt always happen.  Work never goes as one hopes, and while I love my job, I dont have the luxury of running out at 5pm each night.

Anyway - I'm not here to tell you all about my work life balance.  I'm here to tell you about Roti.

The menu is simple.  Choose between a salad, rice bowl, or pita sandwich.  Choose a protein (falafel, chicken, steak).  Choose your sides.  And also fall in love with the included grilled veggies and hummus.




Picture from Roti's website - thank you Roti!
 Whenever I choose to eat out at work its typically a salad, or soup.  Nothing to write home about, and certainly motivates me to get to the market... lets face it... the only reason I eat out is because I havent taken care of the supermarket responsibilities.  I someday hope to push those off onto the hubby, but we would have to be millionaires for that to be a good idea.  The man goes to the market and comes home with the most random food... and always stuff I have no clue how to cook.

I strongly suggest that if you are coming downtown for a little site seeing (maybe a boat tour around the Statue of Liberty... or some shopping at Century 21) stop at Roti and grab a declicious Mediterranean meal.  Its not overwhelming with options.  Its just simple and delicious.

Their website tautes its the food that loves you back, and I must admit, it does.  It feels great to eat a healthy meal halfway through the day.  Especially since its under $10.

Ok les amis... il faut que je vous parle de Roti. C'est un nouveau resto ici dans le Financial District... c'est de la nourriture Méditerranéenne. Trop bon.


Normalement je ne mange pas dehors de mon bureau. Je ne vois pas trop l'intérêt de sortir pendant une heure, pour rester une heure de plus à la fin de la journee. Ce n'est pas que je n'ai pas le DROIT de prendre une pause... c'est que je n'ai pas trop envie de rentrer à la maison encore plus tard que je rentre tous les jours.

Bref, hier, je suis allée manger chez Roti. C'est un restaurant super simple où vous pouvez choisir entre une salade, un sandwich, ou un "rice bowl." Après vous allez choisir votre protéine - fallafel, poulet, viande. Après, les choses vous voulez mettre à côté. Voila - pour moins que $10 vous avez une super repas.

La vérité est que je n'avais pas le choix d'aller manger dehors... je n'ai pas fait les courses ce weekend. Alors nous n'avons rien à apporter de la maison. Mon pauvre mari... Lundi son diner était des bretzels et Nutella. Hier, un sandwich. Par contre, je ne me sens pas trop mal pour lui non plus... C'est un chef. Il peut faire un repas magnifique... avec rien.
 

Thank you Roti for this picture too!

Si vous venez à NYC et vous venez dans le Financial District je suggère que vous vous arrêtez à Roti pour manger. Même si c'est juste vite fait. Comme ça vous auriez plus de force pour vous battre contre les autres touristes si vous allez faire du shopping à Century 21, ou à la South Street Seaport. Et peut-être on se croisera... je crois que j'irai souvent chez Roti :) Bon App!!!

Until Next Time/A Bientot

Poulpy

0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review