lundi 13 janvier 2014

Macarons. Macarons. Macarons.

During the Summer I spent a great deal of time in New Hampshire helping my mother and father.  I cant use this as the only explanation for my silence, but this is a heck of a good one.  A sick dad makes everything else seem less important. 
ANYWAY, while in NH I have an amazing neighbor who took care of Coco.  My most adorable cat that has been my little princess since 2008.  Poor A.  Upon moving to the US he was greeted by this cat, who doesnt really like anyone, but somehow fell madly in love with him.  That must be why he and I are married... my cat likes him.  :)
  Coco clearly couldnt make the trip with me, or come up on the weekends with A.  5-6 hours in the car, without air conditioning, would be inhumane.
Is she not adorable sitting in the basket?!
My neighbor, E, has been wonderful to A and myself since my dad became really sick in the Spring.  During one our discussions she stated she had never eaten Macarons (not to be confused with macaroons).  WELL... I decided to go on a hunt for Macarons in the city. 
What better place than NYC to hunt for delicious French pastries/cookies/heaven in neon colors?!
I began by looking on yelp for macarons.  I wanted to begin my search near to my office, because I have tried some macarons in midtown and I wasnt in love.
Where did I end up? bisousciao.

The store is teeny tiny, I'm not going to lie.  It was unseasonably warm in the Fall when I visited with A, and these were just what I needed for a late afternoon sweet treat.
A, for a French man, is not overly excited about macarons.  He should be.  He tends to say things like, "Really?  Its a cookie.  I can make these for you whenever you want."  I've never had homemade macarons from my husband.  I'm stiiillll waiting love of my life!

I've tried some macarons all over the city, as I tend to stop whenever I see a store selling macarons.  So far, bisousciao is my favorite. 

If you are looking to walk around the Village area and explore, with neon deliciousness melting in your mouth go to bisousciao

101 Stanton Street, New York City, NY 10002




Bonjour tout le monde! Désolée pour le retard! Je ne vous ai pas oublié. 2013 n'était pas la meilleure année de ma vie. Pendant l'été je suis allée très souvent voir mes parents à New Hampshire. Avec Coco, ma petite princesse depuis 2008, je ne pouvais pas l'amener avec moi dans la voiture. A non plus quand il venait tous les weekends. Alors, pendant l'été notre voisine, E, a été super avec nous et Coco.
Tous les deux jours elle est venue a la maison pour donner a manger a Coco, plus les autres obligations pour les animaux à la maison.
Pendant un discussion avec elle, j'étais mise au courant qu'elle n'a jamais gouté un Macaron... pas des Macaroons. Il ne faut pas confondre les deux.
Un macaron est une fête dans la bouche. Une macaroon... je peux m'en passer.







Bref, j'ai décidé qu'il faut trouve des SUPER macarons pour E. Il fallait qu'elle goute des macarons.
J'en ai gouté à Midtown, mais je n'étais pas très excitée. Alors, j'ai regardé sur Yelp et j'ai trouvé bisousciao.
J'ai demandé à mon mari s'il voulait venir me rejoindre pour se balader dans le Village, et du coup, je l'ai forcé à aller voir des macarons. :)
Le magasin n'est pas énorme, j'avoue. Mais les macarons étaient super. Vraiment trop bien!
Si vous avez envie de manger des macarons, pendant que vous vous baladez dans le Village allez a bisousciao.


101 Stanton Street, New York City, NY 10002

0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review