mardi 25 septembre 2012

Cafe Francais, in/a FIDI

I love this little cafe.  The owner is French, and she makes the most amazing salad dressing.  Just like Maman.  A little Dijon, some olive oil, a dash of salt, and of course balsamic.  Lunch wouldn't be complete without an espresso, and Gourmand makes them just like in France.  Of course. 

I love the atmosphere too.  It allows me to leave the hustle and bustle of NYC for a little bit, and go back to Grenoble or Paris.  Maybe I'm sitting at Place Granette in Grenoble.  Or with Jadinou at my favorite little cafe on the Seine.  Its right next to Notre Dame.  And, if I think really hard, and wish all the stresses of the day away, I can even find myself walking along the Seine picking out my favorite postcards and water colors.  Something I fell in love with back in 2006 on my first trip to Paris.  It was a wonderful Christmas trip, with the most perfect weather.

If you are visiting NYC, and of course you will go down town for Ground Zero, The Fed, the Seaport and if its nice Stone Street - stop on in.  You'll love this little hidden gem on Maiden Lane.

 

Si vous venez a Manhattan c'est sur que vous allez visiter le Financial District.  Il y a Ground Zero, the Seaport, the Fed, et quand il fait beau (et pas tres froid) Stone Street. 
En descendant le 4/5 a Fulton Street, vous pouvez trouver ce cafe magnifique.  La proprietaire est française, et elle me parle en francais quand j'y vais.  Ca fait toujours plaisir! 
Sa sauce pour les salades est exactement comme celle de maman... un peu de moutarde de dijon, de vinaigre balsamic, d'huile d'olive, et du sel. 
Quand je vais manger ici, je me régale.  Je pense a Place Grenette à Grenoble.  Je pense a Paris, et mon cafe préféré à côté de Notre Dame.  On a des supers photos de Jadinou dedans, avec mes lunettes de soleil "mouche" comme elle dit. 
Des fois, quand j'ai mon double espresso, je peux meme me retrouver en 2006.  Première fois à Paris.  Au bord de la Seine, en train de chercher mes cartes postales.  Juste avant de rentrer dans le Quartier Latin (mon quartier préféré - le nom de famille de ma mere est St. Germain!!!), où je suis tombée amoureuse de cette ville. 

Un jour, j'appelerai Paris "home!"  Mais ne le dites pas à Jadinou - sinon elle sera déjà en train de me chercher un appart.  :)

Bref - venez ici, tomber amoureuse de NYC.  Et quand vous y serez, arretez-vous à ce café pour mélanger les deux.  La ville de NYC, avec un double espresso vraiment francais.

French Cafe Gourmand
9 Maiden Lane

Until next time/ A Bientot
Poulpy

1 comments:

Rouge Glamour Flirt a dit…

nice blog!Un saludo!

Enregistrer un commentaire

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review